Rubber paving saves time and money
Sidewalks & Pathways
Urban Rubber Paving is proud to use Shercom surfacing products on our installations.
- Most projects can be completed in one day and are ready for use within 72 hours.
- Up to 50% savings when compared with replacing cracked and brittle concrete, asphalt, or paving bricks.
- Eliminates the cost and disruption of removing existing surface.
- Flexibility ensures it won’t crack, as concrete and asphalt will.
- Proven durability, with rubber surfaces 20-years-old or older still as strong and appealing as the day they were installed.
- Made with 100% recycled Canadian vehicle tires.
- Customizable, with attractive colour options and accent borders.
How it works
Rubber paving is created by combining recycled rubber crumb with a proprietary binding agent according to a strict formula developed by Shercom. During the curing period, the crumb and binding agent fuse to create a continuous, flexible rubber pavement layer (approx. ⅝ of an inch once packed and dry) that covers the underlying surface. Initially used to resurface driveways, the rubber paving concept has since been expanded to include a variety of surfaces, such as sidewalks, pathways, patios, pool decks, sports courts, running tracks, trails, and livestock facilities.